Gonçalo Gil Barreiros
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Law degree, University of Coimbra (2005); Postgraduate in Business Law, University of Coimbra, Faculty of Law (2008); Masters in Corporate Law and Business, Catholic University – Porto, Faculty of Law (2011), with the thesis “The exclusive public communication under the Copyright and Related Rights – The existence of the exclusive authorization in Article 184º.3 the CDADC”; Advanced training on “Intellectual Rights in the Creative Industries”, Catholic University – Porto, Faculty of Law (2015).
Prize Dr. Paulo Merea awarded by University of Coimbra, Faculty of Law (2000/2001); Participation in training action on Copyright and Related Rights to Territorial Command of the National Guard, in Guarda (2010); Lecturer, by invitation of Professor Maria Victoria Rocha, of Intellectual Property Law in the Masters in Corporate Law and Business, Catholic University – Oporto, Faculty of Law (2010/2011 and 2012/2013) and, on Copyright and Related rights of law degree from Catholic University – Oporto, Faculty of Law (2010/2011); Speaker at the Conference on Intellectual Property, organized by the Lisbon District Council of the Portuguese Bar Association, as part of the Lawyer Day celebrations in Lisbon (2013); Member of the Editorial Committee of the legal magazine “Intellectual Property” (Catholic University Publishing).
Author of several papers on copyright matters.
Associate lawyer at Sousa Guedes, Oliveira Couto & Associados, RL, Law Firm (2008-2012); Associate lawyer at Sarsfield Rodrigues & Associados, RL, Law Firm (2012-2016).
- Recognized in Chambers Europe by Chambers and Partners | Associate to Watch (2021);
- Recognized Key Lawyer by The Legal 500 (2021);
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in the Intellectual Property area (2020);
- “Iberian Lawyer IP & TMT Awards 2021 – Portugal” finalist, for the category: “Lawyer of the Year – Trademarks and Patents”;
- Iberian Lawyer “Forty under 40 Awards 2021” finalist, for the category of IP TMT;
- Iberian Lawyer “Forty under 40 Awards 2020” finalist, for the category of IP TMT;
- Iberian Lawyer “Forty under 40 Awards 2019” shortlisted, for the category of IP TMT.