Daniel Torres Gonçalves
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Law Degree, Universidade Lusíada do Porto | António Martins da Cruz Award, for “best student” (2007); LL.M. in ‘Innovation, Technology and the Law‘, University of Edinburgh (2008); Brief Post-Graduate Course in Medical Civil Liability, University of Coimbra (2008). Brief Post-Graduate Course in Informed Consent, University of Coimbra (2008). Post-Graduate Degree in Medical Law, Portugueses Catholic University (2009); Attendance of the doctoral program, University of Edinburgh.
Founder and Lawyer at MTFG – Medeiros, Tão, Dinis Ferreira & Torres Gonçalves (2012 to 2018); Founder and Head of K.LEX Portugal Advogados (2018 to 2021); Visiting Assistant Professor, Instituto Politécnico do Porto (since 2010); Visiting Assistant Professor at the Instituto Politécnico Cávado e do Ave (2014 to 2017); Darts-IP Consultant, Brussels (since 2013). Author of several scientific articles, in particular in the area of Health.
- Member of the board of the Biennial of Jurisprudence in Medical Law, Biomedical Law Center of the Faculty of Law of the University of Coimbra (2023);
- Founding membre of the Lipedema World Alliance (2023);
- Member of the National Council of Ethics for the Life Sciences (5th mandate 2015-2020, elected by the National Assembly);
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Institute of Evidence Based Health – ISBE (since 2021);
- President of AMEDIJURIS – Portuguese Law and Medicine Association;
- Chairman of the Board of the General Assembly of the AIEV-Associação Industrial e Empresarial de Valongo (since 2020);
- Member of the board of the Forum Portucalense – Civic Association for the development of the North Region;
- Editor of SCRIPTed, A Journal of Law, Technology & Society (www.script-ed.org);
- Performance of various political roles, namely as municipal deputy and metropolitan deputy.
- Recognized by the Best Lawyers in the area of Privacy and Data Security Law (2021);
- Member of IR Global, with the Life Sciences area in Portugal.